If it is possible, let’s watch a movie about Future!
Future: will and going to
As duas formas mais usadas para expressarmos o futuro na língua inglesa é o WILL e GOING TO
O going to é utilizado para fazer referência a uma ação futura que indica certeza ou que foi planejada.
- I am going to visit my sister next week. It is her birthday.
- They are going to get married in April. They sent me a card yesterday.
Usa-se o going to para expressar uma previsão com evidências.
- There are lots of clouds in the sky. It is going to rain.
O will geralmente é utilizado para fazer referência a uma ação futura que indica incerteza. Isso pode ser observado com a presença de determinadas palavras ou expressões como:
- Maybe I will buy a new dress.
- I think I will travel in July.
- Probably I will watch that movie.
- I’m not sureI will have time to call Sara.
O will também pode ser usado para indicar uma previsão sem evidências.
- It will rain next week.
Will também é utilizado quando uma decisão é tomada no momento da fala.
- There is no butter left. I will go to the supermarket and buy some.
If it is possible, let’s watch a movie about future!
Now, let’s read a text!
Hello!! I am Danila. I am 14 years old.
I live in Jandaia. It is a small city in Goiás, Brazil.
I love studying English and I want to improve it.
I think I will take part in a foreign exchange program.
So, I am signing up for some programs.
I will share some information with you.
How to become a Foreign exchange student
A student exchange program is the best way to become proficient at speaking a language. Perfecting your foreign language skills during your studies is a major asset to your future studies and career. Going abroad as a foreign exchange student will give you a big leg up, whatever your future goals. Not only will your language skills improve, but you’ll gain in independence and come home with an entirely new perspective on what it means to be a citizen of the world.
Whichever student exchange program you choose, you can be certain that you won’t soon forget all that you’ve learned while studying in a foreign country.
Disponível em: https://www.ef.com/wwen/pg/student-exchange/ Acesso em 05 de nov. de 2020.
1. Match the columns.
a) Exchange program
b) Language skills
c) Give somebody a leg up
d) Go abroad
( ) the ability to use a language well, especially foreign language
( ) go in or to a foreign country
( ) a period when students and teachers from one country go to stay with students and teachers in another
( ) help someone to improve their situation
2. Answer these questions in English.
a) What is the best way to improve your language skills?
b) Will you gain in independence when you take part in an exchange program?
c) Will you forget all that you’ve learned while studying in a foreign country?
3. Suppose you are going to take part in exchange program. Answer these questions and then ask your friends. Take notes in the following chart. (Suponhamos que você fará parte de um programa de intercâmbio. Responda essas perguntas e depois pergunte a seus amigos. Faça as anotações na tabela a seguir.)
4. Complete the sentences with the correct form of WILL or GOING TO.
a) Based on their findings, scientists say we ________________________ have a bad winter next year.
b) Sophia: My cell phone is not working. And I need to call a taxi.
Peter: I _________ call one for you.
c) My brother ___________________ get married next year. He bought an apartment last week.
d) I’m not sure, but I think I ________________ buy the red car.
e) Maybe, they _________________ visit their friends next month.
O cartum é um gênero jornalístico que utiliza humor para levantar questionamentos sobre a sociedade. Identifique a crítica social presente no cartum ao lado, relacionando os elementos verbais e não verbais.
Disponível em: https://br.pinterest.com/pin/26106872824704184/ Acesso em 05 de nov. de 2020.
You can print this lesson!
8º ING Atividade 1-Talking about exchange programs – Future will and going to