Welcome to our English class!
Let's watch a video about Persuasive Language!
It is important to learn about Linking words! Let's watch a video about it.
Now, let's read some texts and do some activities! (Agora, vamos ler alguns textos e fazer algumas atividades!)
1. Leia a campanha publicitária ao lado e identifique os recursos persuasivos utilizados pelo autor.
2. Choose the correct alternative to answer the questions. (Escolha a alternativa correta para responder as perguntas.)
2.1. What are the new challenges to agriculture?
a) ( ) They are the cheer amount of technological progress and their ancestors.
b) ( ) They are climate change and the political shift to more environment-conscious decision-making.
c) ( ) They are the question farming “what” they produce.
d) ( ) They are the new opportunities how they produce and sell the food.
2.2. Identifique o valor semântico da palavra BUT na sentença “But with new opportunities come new challenges.”
a) ( ) Adição.
b) ( ) Sequência.
c) ( ) Contraste.
d) ( ) Causa.
3. Match the columns.
a) ( ) cumbersome
b) ( ) sustainable
c) ( ) expensive
d) ( ) effort
( ) something that costs a lot of money.
4. Mark an X TRUE or FALSE according to the text. (Marque um X no verdadeiro ou falso de acordo com o texto.)
Crop rotation is the practice of alternating the crops planted in a specific field in a given year. One season, a farmer may plant wheat, and then switch to sugar beets or corn in subsequent growing periods.
“If you grow the same crop on the same field, year after year, you risk increased disease and insect pressure, and you risk wearing out the soil,” said Krick.
Crop rotation helps by breaking up disease cycles that could affect the same crop year after year. Farmers will often have several different crops growing in different sections of their farm at the same time. This is good for the soil, and it reduces the business impact if a major threat (disease, weather event or insect) was to hit one crop. It’s good business, and it’s good for the environment.
Disponível em: https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/celebrating-world-soil-day-kelloggs-origins-farmers-use-time-honored-tactics-to-maintain-productivity-and-sustainability-300565369.html Acesso em 11 de nov. de 2020
5. Answer these questions in English.
a) What is crop rotation?
b) Does crop rotation decrease disease and insect pressure?
c) What is good for the environment?
You can learn more about Crop rotation!
6. Read the cartoon and identify what it is criticizing. After that, make a new one about sustainable farming. (Leia o cartum e identifique o que ele está criticando. Depois disso, produza um novo sobre agricultura sustentável.)